Saturday, May 16, 2009

Bento #6



Well today's bento makes me nervous. It has an awesome cheese calzone in it...but its sort of cold. Its been in the refrigerator, and Art Guy requested that I packed one in the box today. My protest is that I didn't know how well it would taste since he won't really have a way to heat it up. But he insisted it would be ok, so here it is! I was trying to mimic the ones my mum made at home, and of course started remembering the little twists she gave to the recipe halfway into it. I made little notes to self for next time, and will give it another try in the near future.

I salvaged the remaining cucumber & avocado in the kitchen and made a california roll. I packed the extras into another container again because that seemed to be a popular idea from the last time I did it. They say practice makes perfect...but today's batch didn't want to roll well at all. No matter what I did, the sheet wouldn't roll straight. Hopefully the taste will outweigh its looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment