Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Another Vegetarian Contest Bento (#10)



Being that I still have tofu sitting in the fridge, I figured I might as well create another bento for Maki's May contest at justbento.com. Today I've having an improvised vegetable and noodle stir fry!

I picked up an interesting package of noodles from a oriental store a few weeks ago. About all I can tell you is that they are rather white and salty. Here is a picture of the package:



While I boiled and drained the noodles, I lightly stir fried the tofu in a little bit of olive oil and pressed garlic. Then I added carrots, broccoli, shiitake, and celery and stir fried it till the broccoli started turning a shade of bright green. Next I added a 1/4 cup water, 1 tablespoon soy sauce, 1 tsp rice vinegar, 2 tsp brown sugar, dash of Worcestershire sauce, salt, and pepper. I let the veggies simmer till the liquid was almost gone, tossed in the noodles, and lastly added a garnish.

No comments:

Post a Comment