Monday, May 18, 2009

Um...Lunchbox? I think we have a Problem! (#7)



No bento yesterday. I did make some pizza though, which turned out remarkably well. I make my pizza dough in a bread machine, and here is the recipe for those interested:

2/3 cup lukewarm water
1 tablespoon olive oil
1 clove garlic, minced or pressed
1/2 cup grated mozzarella cheese
2 cups bread flour
1 teaspoon Italian seasonings
1/4 teaspoon sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon active dry yeast

This morning, Murphy's Law struck. Art Guy had seasoned some beef, but it was a bit too salty. He though that it would go well in rice balls though. I don't know what possessed me to try to make my rice on the stovetop instead of in the cooker, but the results weren't pretty. Most of it stuck to the pan, or didn't cook evenly, and it didn't stick together well. By the time it was done and out of the pan, the rice was in pretty poor shape and there wasn't enough for my original idea. Meanwhile, I had tempura'd some greenbeans, which didn't turn out like I had wanted either. (Frying oil and Lyn don't get along very well...) I had to put something in this box though. So when in doubt, roll it all up in nori and call it good! Throw in some pizza, a couple of asparagus spears, and we have ourselves a bento lunch.

No comments:

Post a Comment