Monday, May 25, 2009

Vegetarian Contest Bento (#9)




Haven't been in the bento/cooking mood much this week. However, Maki at justbento.com is hosting a contest, and the theme for May is Vegetarian. Thus my inspiration for today's lunch: Homemade mini-potpies, carrot/cucumber/avocado maki, rice pudding, romaine lettuce, cherries, and carrot/cucumber flowers. For more information on the contest, click here: http://justbento.com/forum/may-theme-vegetarian-bento-contest

The potpies were my kitchen project yesterday afternoon. I made a crescent roll dough in the bread machine, divided the dough into pieces, rolled out the dough, and lined muffin pans with it. My improvised filling included peas, carrots, celery, shiitake mushrooms, tofu, and a creamy mushroom soup base. Spoon the filling into the muffin cups, top will some more rolled dough, pinch the edges, and bake at 350 degress for 15 min. I'll probably tweak the recipe in the future, but overall I was happy with the results.

My camera is still very flash happy. The first picture I took turned out like this:

No comments:

Post a Comment